Product videos add great detail to your product pages. Showing a video demonstration of a product increases the chances of conversions and helps clear any confusion that the potential customers have about the product. Today we are going to discuss how you can add videos to the product gallery of your WooCommerce stores.
Add Videos to WooCommerce Store
You can add product videos to WooCommerce store by using 2 methods which are as follows:
- Default Method
- WooCommerce Product Video Plugin
Let’s discuss each of the two methods and compare them in terms of usability, functionality, and customizability.
By default, you can not add videos to the WooCommerce product gallery. You can, however, still, post self-hosted videos or videos from online platforms on your product pages by using the block editor(content section) of the product page. You can add videos to your products by using the following method:
- Go to the desired block editor
- Click on the “Add Media” button
- Add the Video:
- For self-hosted videos click on “Upload File”
- For videos from online platforms click on “Insert from URL”
- The video will appear in the content section of the product page.
Pro-Tip – See the comparison table of the default and plugin methods before you leave.
WooCommerce Product Video
WooCommerce Product Video Plugin allows you to add videos to the WooCommerce product gallery. Here are some key features of this plugin:
- Add or Embed Uploaded Videos or Videos from Online Platforms
- Add Custom Thumbnails for Videos
- Add Multiple Videos in the Product Gallery
- Choose from Multiple Layouts to Display Videos
WooCommerce Replace Product Image with Video
The WooCommerce Product Video plugin enhances your online store by allowing you to seamlessly add video to WooCommerce product gallery, aiding customers in making informed purchasing decisions.
WooCommerce replace product image with video functionality can be integrated into your store using the steps below:
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Navigate to WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin the file you have downloaded.
- Install Now and Activate to begin configuration.
Setup and Configuration
Upon activating the WooCommerce Product Video Plugin, you will find a dedicated “Product Video” section under WooCommerce, along with a featured video section on the product edit page. Additionally, the plugin settings can be accessed under WooCommerce > Settings > Product Videos.
Adding a Featured Video to a Product
To incorporate a featured video, navigate to the product edit page and locate the “Featured Video” section. By enabling the option, the featured image will be replaced with the featured video. You can configure the following settings on the product level:
- Showcase featured video on the shop and product pages
- Add a personalized video thumbnail
- Choose the type of featured video and add its URL:
- Custom Upload
Adding a Featured Video to a Product Gallery
To include videos in the product gallery, go to WooCommerce > Product Video. View the collection of attached videos. Here, you can add, edit, or remove videos as needed.
When adding a WooCommerce product gallery video, you can upload or embed it from platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, and Facebook. Additionally, integrate a particular video with multiple products simultaneously by selecting the desired products.
Upload a Custom Gallery Thumbnail
Upload a custom thumbnail to the WooCommerce product gallery video. In cases where no specific thumbnail is specified, the default red video icon will be used as the thumbnail for the video.
Supported Formats for a Video
The Product Video plugin allows you to upload videos in various formats, including but not limited to:
- and many more
If you have a rare video format that is not currently supported, you can contact us after purchasing the plugin, and we will include support for that format at no additional cost.
Configuring the Product Video
WooCommerce Product Video Plugin offers a wide range of settings that can be accessed through the WooCommerce admin menu. Simply navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Product Videos to access and configure these extensive settings for your product videos.
- Choose a gallery template, position, and styling options
- Option to enable product video, access controls, and display on different pages for:
- Self-Hosted Featured Video
- Third-Party Embedded Featured Video
- Third-Party Embedded Video in Gallery
- Compatible with Page Builder Plugins
|Features||Product Video Plugin||Default|
|Add Video to Product Gallery||Yes||No|
|Customize Video Visibility||Yes||No|
|Play Videos in Popup||Yes||No|
|Customize Size of Video Box||Yes||No|
|Auto Play Video||Yes||No|
|Add Product Videos||Yes||Yes|
|Add Multiple Videos||Yes||Yes|
Product video plugin offers much more customization options and also allows to add videos to product gallery which the default method is incapable of doing. Also adding videos via default method would not be visibile on shop pages of your store but only on product pages while you can add videos to shop pages using product video plugin for WooCommerce.